‘want2race’ means Want2race Limited Registered in England with Company Number 12031220 and having its registered office at Helios 47 Isabella Road Leeds LS25 2DY and for the purposes of these terms and conditions includes its officers, employees and agents.
‘Driver’ means the customer driver of any vehicle at an Event including any additional drivers.
‘You’ means (i) the person purchasing goods or services from want2race and (ii) the Driver where the Event was purchased for the Driver
‘want2race Event’ means the event at which services are to be provided to You and/or Driver. Want2race Event includes any and all of the want2race track day drive options and/or want2race services and/or want2race track day car experiences and/or want2race road safety and system of car control training and/or want2race driver tuition services that may be provided by want2race to You and/or the Driver.
‘want2race Event Fees’ means (i) the fee payable by You to want2race in respect of the want2race Event; (ii) any amounts due for any good or services purchased from want2race related to the want2race Event and (iii) all and any sums in respect of damage and costs and any other fees and expenses arising out of or under or by virtue of this Agreement.
If You make a want2race Event booking for the benefit of a third party Driver You agree that the Driver will be made fully aware of these Terms and Conditions and in particular paragraphs 14 and 15 and 23 below prior to the want2race Event.
Booking, Payment, Refunds and Cancellations of want2race Events
- Provisional bookings do not guarantee or howsoever confirm participation in any want2race Event unless or until all want2race Event Fees have been paid in full to want2race. All bookings are web based and want2race does not accept written paper bookings.
- A provisional booking will only be confirmed as an actual booking when want2race has received payment in full and as cleared funds from You of the want2race Event Fee in the want2race bank account. VAT invoices are automatically despatched by web service (email) upon receipt of payment as cleared funds and accordingly the accurate completion of invoicing details and the provision of a valid effective email address are Your responsibility.
- want2race Events are sold as actual bookings on a first-come-first-served basis. If an Event is full on receipt of your payment, a full refund will be made.
- It is possible that a want2race Event may be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of want2race. If that occurs then regardless of when or how that occurs You agree that want2race cannot be held liable for any loss or expense incurred by You. If such a cancellation occurs then want2race will if possible compensate You in the form of an alternative want2race Event subject to these General Terms and Conditions or issue a credit note valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Alternatively, you may request a refund subject to deduction of a 15% administration charge.
- Bookings cancelled by You more than 28 calendar days before the date of the want2race Event will be entitled to a credit note valid for 12 months from the date of issue or you may request a refund of the want2race Event Fees paid minus a 15% administration charge.
- Bookings cancelled by You 28 calendar days or less before the date of the want2race Event will only be entitled to a credit or refund if the Event is full and a replacement booking is taken. Any credit note issued will valid for 12 months from the date of issue. If you request a refund instead of accepting a credit note, the refund will be made less a 15% administration charge.
- Actual Bookings are not transferrable between want2race Events. In the event whereby credit notes are issued as an alternative to a refund, these credit notes expire after 12 months. Once a credit note has been issued it cannot be refunded.
- Prices of want2race Event Fees may vary up until the time a Booking is made and cleared funds received.
want2race Event Regulations
- All Drivers must produce evidence of holding a current EU driving licence and must sign the want2race Driver Indemnity Form and/or Track Day Declaration when signing on at the want2race Event. A copy of the Driver Indemnity document /Track Day Declaration is available on the want2race website. No Driver can participate who does not conform to this Condition. The want2race Driver Indemnity document is a constituent material part of these General Terms and Conditions. You agree that and You understand that any participation in an event or driving on a race track constitutes a potentially hazardous activity and You have volunteered to take part in the want2race Event at entirely Your own risk.
- want2race does accept Bookings in respect of junior drivers [defined as a driver under the age of 17 at the date of the relevant want2race Event] but in all such cases the Junior Driver MUST (1) be the holder of an MSA Junior Race Licence and (2) MUST have a Grade A or Grade S ARDS instructor in the passenger seat of the driven car at all times and (3) MUST only drive at the Event a car of the type that the junior driver is eligible to race under the terms of their MSA Junior Race Licence and (4) a Parent or other legally responsible adult of the junior driver must sign the want2race Driver Indemnity Form by way of countersignature of the junior driver. Where the counter signatory is not a Parent then written evidence of the permission of a Parent must be provided to the entire satisfaction of want2race
- want2race reserves the right to terminate any Driver’s participation in an want2race Event if in the opinion of want2race the Driver is unsuitable mentally or physically or by presenting in inappropriate dress to commence or continue participation in the want2race Event or in the event of any damage to want2race property, or to any vehicle or component of any vehicle or to the property of any third party or of the venue. In such circumstances no refund will be made.
- All Drivers must wear crash helmets conforming to current FIA/MSA Regulations. The validity of all Driver crash helmets and safety equipment is a matter entirely for the responsibility of the Driver and/or Parent in relation to a junior driver but want2race reserves the right to refuse permission to take part in a want2race Event if it is considered that safety equipment is inadequate and in such cases the decision of want2race in relation to any Driver own helmet will be final. All Drivers must have covered arms and legs at all times when driving or as a passenger to an instructor. Driver must when driving remove any facial jewellery [eg ear rings, nose-rings] on grounds of safety. No hand held cameras (or camera phones) are permitted. Any on board cameras must be securely mounted using appropriate equipment.
- If you are using your own vehicle at a want2race Event then it is only permitted to use road tyres unless fitted with MSA approved type roll-over protection. If a Caterham type vehicle then it must have a full FIA approved roll-cage and if a saloon or hatchback car then it must have a half or full roll-cage. It is Driver’s responsibility to ensure that adequate properly affixed towing eyes are securely mounted and easily accessible. want2race will not be responsible for any damage howsoever occasioned to any Driver own vehicle in the course of recovery of it [e.g. but not exclusively from a gravel trap].
- Any vehicle provided by You for participation in a want2race Event must either have a current MOT Certificate and which must be produced or on your own declaration be capable of passing MSA scrutineering. You confirm that the car provided by You and driven at the event will at all times comply with the noise limits applicable to the Event as published by want2race. The suitability and safety of any vehicle provided by You is entirely a matter for You but want2race reserves the right to terminate the participation in a want2race Event if it is considered that the vehicle You present is at any time unsuitable and in such cases the decision of want2race is final and no refund will be given to You in respect of any vehicle rejected by want2race. Where a booking is made involving a single driver, any number of vehicles can be used on-track at no additional cost. Bookings involving multiple drivers are limited to one vehicle only. It is not permitted to swap stickers between vehicles.
- You will pay to want2race forthwith on demand and as a debt the full cost of all and any damage occasioned by Driver to any vehicle (including all and any components of it) provided to You by want2race at an want2race Event except where any provable manifest failure of the vehicle occurs and which directly causes the damage arising. Fair wear and tear to tyres is excluded from this liability. The obligation created under this paragraph 15 includes the obligation for You to pay to want2race all and any legal costs, fees and expenses arising from enforcement of the terms of contract. Refer to paragraph 23 below.
- You are financially liable for all and any damage caused to circuit property. Refer to paragraphs 22 and 23 below.
- Driver must attend the want2race Event drivers’ safety briefing and cannot take part until that has occurred. Platinum Members are the only exception to this rule.
- Timing and competitive driving is forbidden for track days.
- For test days and race meetings a current Motorsport UK race licence is required.
- Drivers who cause an unreasonable number of stoppages of a want2race Event may be excluded and no refund will be given; the decision of want2race is final.
- Aggressive or threatening behaviour towards any want2race personnel or any other person at a want2race event will result in termination of the event for the Driver. No refund will be given and the decision of want2race is final.
- You should be aware that Driver breaking the want2race Regulations and any track rules may invalidate any track day insurance held.
- You are not insured by want2race when driving on track for any damage to person or property except for damage to a car hired from want2race by You. When a car is hired by You an excess is payable by You in the sum shown in the table below. The excess applies in respect of each and every Claim unless you have purchased excess reduction policy offered by want2race.
Vehicle Standard Excess
Caterham Roadsport £2,500 (two thousand five hundred pounds sterling) Option to reduce excess to £250 for £100 per driver
Ginetta G40 CUP £2,500 (two thousand five hundred pounds sterling) Option to reduce excess to £250 for £100 per driver
Ginetta G40 GT5 £2,500 (two thousand five hundred pounds sterling) Option to reduce excess to £250 for £100 per driver
Ginetta G56 GT Academy / G55 Supercup £5,000 (five thousand pounds sterling) Option to reduce excess to £500 for £200 per driver
Participation by You in any want2race Event is entirely at your and/or Driver risk to the full extent permitted by law. Where applicable you must as a condition of participation provide to want2race a pre-authorisation of a credit card for an amount limited to £2,500 / £5000 (vehicle depending) to cover any possible claim arising in relation to damage and/or insurance policy excess. Any such pre-authorisation will be destroyed at the end of the want2race Event provided that no liability attaches to You arising out of the want2race Event under the provisions of these terms and conditions.
- want2race reserves the right to use images of You in any media including the worldwide web for its own publicity purposes and You agree that no fee is payable to You.
- want2race does not buy or sell data and any data collected is only used for statistical analysis and communicating with You about our own products and services and carefully selected associated businesses. You give your consent to this use of your data.
- You agree that we communicate with you by any means want2race considers effective including but not exclusively e mail, website messages, post and SMS messaging.
- Minimum age of Driver is 17 at the date of the want2race Event subject only to paragraph 11 of these Conditions.
- There are no physical restrictions on Driver but it is Your responsibility to be satisfied at the time of making any booking that the Driver will be accommodated by the physical limitations of the car to be used at the Event.
- If Driver puts a want2race provided car into a gravel trap this will incur a cleaning charge of £50 and You agree that You will pay this forthwith on demand as a debt before leaving the want2race Event.
- If a vehicle provided by want2race breaks down and cannot be repaired or substituted for that want2race Event then want2race will provide You with a credit for use at an alternative subsequent want2race Event. The value of the credit will be proportional to the amount of the want2race Event that has elapsed at the point of such breakdown. No refunds will be paid.
- In the event that You purchase through want2race additional Event services such as accommodation, vehicle or personal transportation or ferries then it is Agreed between You and want2race that want2race is not responsible to You for the actual provision of the relevant services and has no control over nor responsibility for any defect in the standard of or actual provision of the relevant service(s) to You and that any redress in respect of such services is a matter entirely between You and the service provider. Such additional services are invoiced to You only at cost price to want2race.
Website sales of merchandise and tyres
- Selection of the correct size of any merchandise clothing and tyres is entirely your responsibility. Refunds will only be made by want2race in circumstances where (1) want2race has supplied or has caused the supply of goods to You otherwise than in conformity with the order placed by You and (2) provided that you return the goods within 7 days of the date of delivery to You at your cost to want2race or as directed by want2race and that on return the goods are in unused and as new condition. Provided that the foregoing is complied with then want2race will refund the provable cost of delivery back to want2race or as directed by want2race and on acceptance of the returned goods as being in conformity with Your obligations.
- Condition 33 does not affect your statutory rights in respect of any goods supplied by want2race which are proved to be defective. want2race reserves the right to replace any defective goods as an alternative to refund and in the event of any supply of defective goods then You agree that You will return the goods at your cost in conformity with Condition 33 but subject to BookaTrack.com thereafter paying to You the actual cost of that return delivery.
- 35 These General Terms and Conditions and the documents and information referred to in them are the only terms and conditions that apply between us and no variation is valid unless signed in writing by an officer of want2race. You agree that these terms and conditions are reasonable. These terms and conditions are governed exclusively by English law and the English Courts. You agree that want2race is not and cannot be held liable for any event occurring outside its reasonable control.
Third Party Bookings
- If You book a third party event (track day or test day or race meeting not organised by want2race) via the want2race website the above terms and conditions apply.
- want2race have no operational control over third party events and any operational concerns should be communicated to the event organiser. want2race do not extend the no queues guarantee to third party events.
Track Car Hire
- When you hire one of our cars you get exclusive use of the car all day (i.e. you will not be sharing it with anybody else). You are guaranteed use of the car for at least 20 minutes out of each hour the circuit is open. Depending on weather, track conditions and driving standards, time in the car is often unrestricted.
- Accidents: In the event of an accident the excess liability is always with the driver and not the purchaser – all drivers must sign an agreement to this effect. This excess is paid in advance in the form of a credit card authorisation, which will then be destroyed at the end of an incident free day. Please see point 24 above.
- Instruction: A session of instruction per driver is included in the price. You must add the instruction at the time of booking to ensure availability. We also reserve the right to enforce further chargeable tuition should the standard of driving or level of experience necessitate so.
- Breakdowns: In the event of any incident that effectively makes THE CAR unusable, NO refund will be given. Please refer to point 31 above regarding mechanical breakdowns due to no driver / hirer error. Where fault is disputed in this instance, the opinion of an agreed independent assessor will be taken as final as to where the fault lies.
- Engine Damage: All cars are fitted with a tell-tale instrument to measure peak engine revs. If the engine revs exceed 7000rpm a charge is incurred of £100 per 100rpm up to a maximum of the excess stated above. Please note that under normal driving it is not possible to over-rev the car (e.g. you cannot “drive through” the rev limiter). However, it is possible to change into the wrong gear and hence over-rev the engine through using momentum of the car.
- Gravel Trap Damage: Please refer to point 30 above.
- Age Restrictions: All drivers must be 17 or over with a full road licence. Please refer to point 24 above for excess conditions. Unfortunately, we do not allow junior drivers (regardless of race licences held) in our rental cars.
- Physical Restrictions: There are no physical restrictions for driving our Caterham’s or Ginetta’s. However, drivers over 6’2″ tall or over 16 stone may struggle to drive a standard car as cockpit space is limited. Conversely, drivers under 5’8″ are unlikely to be able to drive the larger Caterham ‘SV’ models as the pedalbox is significantly longer.
- want2race reserve the right to refuse access to the cars to any person not deemed safe to drive, or behaving in a competitive or aggressive manner. Additionally, we reserve the right to downgrade your booking to a car of lower-performance if we feel your level of experience is not suitable for the car you have booked. In this instance a pro-rata refund will be issued which reflects the difference in prices paid.
Platinum Pack Membership
- Platinum Membership gives you access to any want2race Ltd run event listed on the calendar page of the website.
- The fee does not include car hire or any third party events listed on the want2race Ltd website.
- The fee does not include any transport, merchandise, mechanical support or accommodation listed on the want2race Ltd website.
- Events to be booked in using the want2race website with you logged in to your own profile. Bookings cannot be made for third parties using your platinum membership log in.
- Each booking includes a shared garage reservation at all circuits where garage facilities are available. If you would like to reserve a garage please note this must be done 48 hours before a UK event and one week before a European track day.
- The purchaser must attend the event for it to be included as part of the package.
- The purchaser can bring along a guest as an additional driver to any event and an unlimited number of passengers, as long as no fee has been paid by either party i.e. drives or passenger rides are not being sold on a commercial basis.
- Cancellation of scheme can be done at any time and notification of cancellation must be made in writing via email. Refunds are made minus full price for any days attended, plus any inclusive extras such as garage fees, and additional drivers & passengers, and then subject to a 20% admin fee.
- Members who have attended fewer than 10 events are automatically entitled to a 10% discount off membership the following year.
Storage, Transport and Maintenance Service
- Storage is subject to a minimum period of 12 months, payable in advance, in full. Quarterly storage may be available on request and subject to availability at a higher rate.
- For UK track events we require a minimum of 2 weeks notice to guarantee we can prepare and transport your car. For EU track events, or events where we have a large number of cars to be transported, we may contact you and request additional notice.
- Transport to any event or location not listed on our website is chargeable on a per-mile basis, for the first 50 miles a charge of £150+VAT. Any excess miles are charged at the prevailing rate – currently £2+VAT (£2.40) per mile. Platinum Customer’s transport to any of the UK events listed on our website is charged at £1.50 per mile plus vat. This includes all of the want2race events and any of the third party events listed on our public track day calendar. Transport must be booked and paid for in advance via the website and is subject to the admin fees shown above if cancelled.
- To maintain our reputation and to ensure the car is presented to our exacting standards, we will carry out a pre track prep prior to each event – chargeable at our normal labour rate of £70+VAT per hour. Our hourly labour rate is discounted to £60+VAT for Platinum Members and £65+VAT for Track Pack Members. Any additional mechanical or cleaning work required (for example removing gravel from cockpit or sills) is chargeable at the relevant hourly rate. Storage & platinum customer’s cars will be subject to service interval programme with details of each Service available on request.
- Where a member of the want2race workshop team is present on a track event, want2race will provide technical support, refuelling and basic mechanical assistance for all Platinum, Track Pack or Storage customers for £70+ vat. This service must be added to your booking online and cannot be included or expected on the day.
- Each car will have a run sheet for the day, with the customer signing their run sheet to authorise all fuel used (billed at net cost) along with any parts and comments for the workshop to be aware of prior to the car’s next prep. Failure to sign off the run sheet will automatically authorise want2race to
- To ensure consistency in the quality of the cars we are presenting and maximise the revenue from our resources and the facility at Donington Park, cars stored with want2race can only be serviced, repaired and maintained by want2race. Any parts fitted the cars must be purchased from want2race (unless want2race are unable to supply the required parts). want2race will never charge more than the RRP for any official parts supplied.
- Monetary vouchers can be redeemed against Track Days, Drive Days experiences and Drift Hero experiences only. Experience Vouchers can only be redeemed against the experience purchased for and cannot be redeemed against any other experience of track day. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Please note vouchers cannot be extended once they have expired and no refunds will be given. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or other denominated vouchers. If an intended purchase is for a higher amount than the face value of the voucher(s) the difference can be made up with cash or card payment. If a purchase is for a lower amount, no change can be given. Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any special promotions, discount tokens, coupons or cards.
- Want2race reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the voucher, experience, product details or event calendar without prior notice. In all cases where possible changes will be communicated on our website in advance.